multilingual A-macron howto ?

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Thu May 3 22:27:30 UTC 2007

Thank you, so obvious.

So i went to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157
downloaded freetype 2.3.4
uncompress/untar
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
su
make install

et voila, Sophie now runs fine

Well, my french keyboard is not really configured as french.
a-grave, e-grave, e-acute, currency, paragraph, c-cedilla don't render
as expected.

Concerning a-macron, i do not know how to type it in.
So i type some 'azertyuiop', explore the book, hack a little
string
     at: 3 put: (Character value: 256);
     at: 7 put (Character value: 257).
close the book, reopen and hourah, got the EndOfRun bug: (Character
value: 256) does not render (even not a square box) and (Character
value: 257) render as a carriage return...

azrty
uiop

Well, using URI gothic font I can see the A-macron superimposed to other
r and t characters, and a-macron before the (false) carriage return.

So I confirm the bug is in. A minor one. But a bug.