SETools Report April 2007

Hans N Beck private at hans-n-beck.de
Fri May 4 08:22:52 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The SETools Team is responsible for developing and maintaining
software engineering tools in and for (but not only for) squeak.

There is progress with Gjallar. Göran Krampe posted this in SETools
Mailing List mid of April:

-------------------------
Hi folks!

Just wanted to mention a few bits about the latest progress of Gjallar.
As you may know I now use Debian Etch as my preferred desktop and
thus the
Linux port of Gjallar is my primary platform. The upcoming 0.4 release
will be for Linux and Win32 (and possibly MacOS if I can get help with
it).

Done recently:

- "My View" now has an edit mode. I have elected to put a small orange
icon with a wrench in it down in the bottom right corner of "My View".
Clicking it changes into "edit mode" where you can manipulate the "case
panels" of "My View" and add new ones. The idea with an "edit/config
mode"
and a small icon to enter it is something I intend to use elsewhere too.
This icon can also be turned off as a setting of the user - so end users
could have it disabled and only using a preconfigured "My View" and
filters etc.

- Bug fix so that My View free text filtering works over all panels in
parallell.

- Plenty of other small things I know can't remember. :)

Coming up next:

- A darcs repository of the Gjallar file tree. This will include all
files
and all ports for Gjallar, but the Squeak code is still of course
maintained using Monticello. I have one almost set up and will soon
publish it.

- Edit mode for the filters. As anyone should have noticed when running
Gjallar it only has two hard coded filters to choose from in "View
cases".
Those filters are indeed proper domain objects but the creation of them
are just done once, hardcoded, in an initialize method of Q2User.
What we
have intended all along is of course to enable the user to create his/
her
own filters and also have shared filters per Process that the process
administrator can maintain.

- The 0.4 release. I will probably do the above two things first, at
least
in rudimentary form, before releasing 0.4.

- A live demo installation and a Gjallar for bugs in Gjallar. I almost
have this in place but need to patch up a few things before making it
public.

regards, Göran

Regards,

Hans