Squeak.org under attack?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri May 4 10:03:31 UTC 2007

Hi!

> Göran Krampe wrote:
>> Howdy folks!
>>
>> I noticed squeak.org is having issues. It almost seems to be under some
>> attack on port 80 - dmsg reports ("Treason uncloaked!" yaddayadda) and
>> apache2 seems to bog down as soon as I restart it. SqueakMap is for
>> example available just fine directly at port 9091.

> http://kerneltrap.org/node/7182
>
> Which kernel is running on squeak.org?

Interesting indeed. squeak.org still runs sarge and uname -a gives:

Linux box2.squeakfoundation.org 2.6.8-2-k7 #1 Tue Aug 16 14:00:15 UTC 2005
i686 GNU/Linux

...and I don't think there are newer kernels for sarge in the vanilla repos.

I wonder how this could "pop up" like this. It also is odd - if I restart
apache2 it only takes 2-3 seconds for MaxClients to be reached!

And I also noticed tons of connections to the pier image running there on
port 7779 (serving www.squeak.org AFAICT). Even when apache is stopped?
How come?

regards, Göran