Craig ported Flow to Squeak 3.9

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri May 4 20:13:24 UTC 2007

Avi Bryant wrote:
> On 5/4/07, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:
>
>>      Before I answer that, I want you to answer the following question
>> honestly:
>>
>>      Did you download the release and read the README?
>
> No, because I'm currently on dialup and it would tie up my connection
> for (according to Safari) 30 minutes to do so.  I couldn't find any
> README or release notes on the web site, nor in your postings to this
> list.  The earlier release of Spoon that I do have has no README
> whatsoever.

This is what the readme says (not much about flow if you ask me...):

       Thanks for trying Spoon! To start it, do the following:

     * Double-click the "spoon.bat" file. This will start the Spoon
processor, which starts a local web server.
     * Visit that local web server. You'll get a greeting message from
Spoon and some links to invoke module commands.

       In the "naiad" folder are components for remote browsing and
inspecting of the Spoon memory from a Squeak 3.9 system (they probably
work with earlier systems as well). To use them, first start the Spoon
system as described above. Then start the "naiad" application with the
object memory of your choice. Then, file in "naiad.st", and load the
"naiad.pr" project. That project has a few expressions for connecting to
the Spoon system, and opening a remote system browser.
       Finally, "spoonProcessorChanges.st" contains changes to the
Squeak virtual machine simulator for running the Spoon memory in
simulation. If the Spoon system ever goes south when run with the
processor application, you can re-run under simulation to see what's
going on.
       For discussion, please join the Spoon mailing list. Thanks again!

Cheers,
   - Andreas