EPRIDE Workshop --- Extensible Program Representations

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Fri May 4 20:55:46 UTC 2007

Those involved in building tools and program analyses may be
interested in the following workshop.  It evolved out of some work
that Daniel and I started on figuring out how to make the "required
methods" analysis modular in Squeak.  We are hoping to involve the
tool-building communities from a number of languages, but a couple
more Squeakers would always be welcome.

If you have connections with other tool-building or program analysis
communities, please pass along this invitation to participate --- or
give me the contact information.

Call for Participation: Workshop on Extensible Program
Representations for Interactive Development Environments (EPRIDE)

The EPRIDE 2007 Workshop will be held on Monday July 30th,
immediately preceding ECOOP (European conference on Object-Oriented
Programming) in Berlin.

The thesis of the workshop is that no single, pre-defined
representation of programs in an IDE can possibly be adequate for all
of the uses that may emerge; instead, we must focus on extensible
representations. How can we engineer representations that are
extensible and efficient, and yet provide clients with a simple way
of getting the information that they need?

The workshop aims to bring together those involved in building
plugins and restructuring tools for IDEs — the consumers of
information about the program — and those involved in developing
parsers and program analyses that create the information needed for
the tools — the providers of information.

For more information, and to find out how to participate, please go
to http://c2.com/w4/epride . The deadline for applications is 13th May.