Towards 3.9.1 . Away from What?

Simon Kirk squeak at simonkirk.com
Sun May 6 23:18:47 UTC 2007

Hi Edgar

> Ralph put some pages into swiki http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5919 " The
> 3.10 release " for any could see what we try to do.
> See also http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5934 "List of Mantis issues ready to
> be included in 3.10"
> I dig into Mantis and put some what I think fills the requirements.
> If I don't put more fixes/enhancements is for :
>
> 1) No test
> 2) Some question to report by a master Squeaker
> 3) The reporter is not answering some question what I send from Mantis.
> 4) Problems with Monticello what I could't solve until now. The actual
> process requires what all should be of the form:
>
> A nnnn.cs with only a Postscript what tell what .mcd  or .mcz the image
> should load of 3.10 repository goes to ftp .
> The user only need push the "load code updates" button of the Squeak flap.
>
> The image after this load should have all test green.

This process sounds great. I never meant to say that what you're doing is
not visible, apologies if I gave that impression. By visibility I meant the
code would be available in an image so that a user would get first-hand
exposure to it.

By "available in an image" I mean an image that a user can download with
the changes already loaded. From the impression I had gathered before, this
didn't seem to be easily available.

Now I've been pointed to the relevant pages in the wiki I see a lot of very
useful information, and I see that things are well documented and easy to
get. Looking at www.squeak.org, I'd say that some of this information from
the wiki should be fed through onto the website: It can't hurt to show that
the Squeak Community is actively developing their environment in as many
ways as possible.

I'm a little worried though that I was so ignorant to what was going on
with 3.10, but I'm ready to admit that was down to my not having read the
list/website/weekly squeak closely enough to know. Still, I do read the
list almost every day, so I hope my lack of knowledge isn't an example of
others'. Let's hope it was just my blindness :)

Simon