Game design question...

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Mon May 7 11:08:27 UTC 2007

Blake wrote:
> On Sun, 06 May 2007 23:41:46 -0700, sig <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> i'd rather use blocks for this matter. like:
>>
>> aGame do: myBlock withParams: { commandText. player }
>
> Where do you get "myBlock" from, starting from the UI (which initiates
> the action)?
>
> As for what game, I'm writing a (eventually large) number of small
> games to use as teaching tools. I hope to use the model for a number
> of them. Old-time stuff, like "Star Trek" and "Subhunt".

Cool, Squeak need more games. Have you seen the games at
http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/projects/olpc/index.html

I been hooked on DiceWars for a few days now. It's a risk type game and
really addicting :-)

Anyway, a game framework for Squeak would be really nice. I've seen a
few attempts at it, but nothing that has come past the initial stages.

Karl