error signal

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Mon May 7 15:01:16 UTC 2007

The exception can resume, which is the only way the comparison would run. And it might not be resumed with a boolean, thus the = true test.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
knight at acm.org
aknight at cincom.com
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross