Towards 3.91

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 7 20:24:06 UTC 2007

El 5/7/07 4:05 PM, "J J" <azreal1977 at hotmail.com> escribió:

> I hope you didn't take what I did as directed at you or the 3.10 team.  I am
> talking about the process.  I'm not 100% clear on what the process is, but
> if it is having a team collect all the bug fixes and put them all into a
> release that happens once every 6 months, along with trying to make the
> image more modular, etc., I think that it's broken.
>
> Maybe the best thing would be to go with a stable vs. unstable branch type
> thing that most projects have?  Patches go instantly into unstable and maybe
> get removed if bad feedback, etc.
>
> I don't know what is the best here, but having a group of 3 people try to
> pull all this off in a short time doesn't seem to be working so well (i.e.
> burning the people out to the point of leaving Squeak entirely, having tons
> of bugs that have to wait for the next cycle to be fixed in the main-line
> image, etc.).
I don't take personal.
I try to clarify what the process and the problem is.
The quality bar , thanks Ralph, is high now.
If community wish we relax the process ( doing more using old .cs style) ,
maybe its time to vote.

a) I wish more 3.9 fix / enh what was on Mantis but don't pass the quality
standards

b) I wish a modular release what found the right way towards smaller images
with high quality.
The cost is some thinks the team is doing nothing and others think what they
could do better.

Edgar