Closure Compiler in 3.9 ?

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Tue May 8 21:42:56 UTC 2007

OK, so I patched the McMczReader and got NewCompiler to load.   I no
longer get the "attempt to activate a block that is already active"
errors.  However, my code doesn't give the expected results, and the
debugger is no help at all in figuring out why, since it doesn't
understand the blocks.

My confidence was not improved by running the NewCompiler tests —
they crashed the image.

Before I tried that, I wrote one of my own tests — just a little
workspace code.

i := 21. j := 0.
b := [(i:= i-1) > 0 ifTrue: [j := j+1 . b value.] ifFalse:[j]] .
b value

I think that b value should print as 20 (plus or minus 1) ... but I
get 1.  Well, now I get 20.  But only if I execute the three
statements one at a time.

If I put all three in the same doit, I get an infinite loop.
	Array(SequenceableCollection)>>= 					calls
	Array(SequenceableCollection)>>hasEqualElements 		calls
	Association>>=									calls
	BlockClosure>>=								calls
	Array(SequenceableCollection)>>=

etc.

Something is rotten here, I think, but I don't know where to start in
finding out exactly what.