squeak-dev-beta

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed May 9 05:26:51 UTC 2007

Hi Jason,

2007/5/8, J J <azreal1977 at hotmail.com>:
> I downloaded your new squeak-dev-beta image, nice work.

Thank you

> While playing with the image I tried to add the new version of DNS to the
> Universe.  I created a new account and then I added the new version and
> pointed it to Monticello (didn't see where to add the user/password, does it
> know to put them empty?).

When you create an account, you have to fill the two text inputs with
your username and your password. Then, you must click the create
account button.

Each time you want to do something with the universe editor, you have
to fill your username and password again.

>  This seemed to work in the universe but upgrading
> the package failed with "error: download failed".  Does it take time to take
> effect, or did I do it wrong?

You didn't put the entire path to the file. You wrote:

'http://www.squeaksource.com/dnsclient'

instead of:

'http://www.squeaksource.com/dnsclient/Net-Protocols-DNS-pmm.2.mcz'

To change the current state of your package:

- select DNS version 1.1 in the editor
- click on 'new package version'
- removes the 'new' at the end of the version
- change the 'download from' field.

Each package in the universe refers to one loadable file (a mcz, a
sar, a cs...).

> Also, I would like to add LazyList and ICal to the universe list.

Feel free :-)

--
Damien Cassou