Dan Ingalls' Environments package

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 16:27:20 UTC 2007

Ah thanks.  I am actually looking around at all the different ways people do
this concept of "module/namespace" to see what the best possible solution
is.  I would like something that is more advanced then just playing tricks
with the selectors and the tools, but not something that changes the
language substantially.

That is, I think the work you're doing is very good and interesting, but I'm
not yet convinced about locking smalltalk down to such a level.  Perhaps
that is the way to go, we'll see, but one must keep in mind that there is a
slider bar: on one side is "user friendly-ness" and on the other side is
"security".  The more secure you are, the less user friendly.  The more user
friendly, the less secure.  It is a tricky thing to balance properly, and
for the moment I consider the domain of the application developer, not the
language.  But who knows, maybe you will change my mind. :)