Postgres / Glorp

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramirodt at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:43:40 UTC 2007

Sorry Philippe, I am not sure what you mean.

When you say "a custom Kom" I suppose you mean extensions like
Norbert's.  But then, when you say "or get WideStrings".  What do you
mean? from where?

What happened between 3.8 and 3.9?
Why does Kom not work with utf8 in 3.9?
There are plenty of Spanish, German, Swedish and French speakers in
this list, what do you guys use in production?
I suppose that Norbert's solution of adding hooks to translate strings
everytime fixes the problem, but it also introduces a major
performance penalty, because every string that comes and goes has to
get translated (everytime, unless you cache the translations you
make), and I guess these translations are not that cheap.