Equality of Recursive Structures [Was: Closure Compiler in 3.9 ?]

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon May 14 15:25:22 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:
> [...] Recycling the stack would clearly
> change the behavior of the code:

Ah, I see where we're differing (thanks Lex for pointing it out) - I'm
not interested here in recycling frames, or other meta-representation
issues: I'm interested in not having them present in the thisContext
chain if they don't contribute observationally to my object-level
program. There are all sorts of ways of doing this efficiently, and I
guess my original post was a complaint that Squeak's VM doesn't offer
even an inefficient way of doing it :-)

(Actually that gets me thinking about awful hacks modifying the stack
frame reflectively without help from the VM at all... eww :-) )

Regards,
  Tony