Postgres / Glorp

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Mon May 14 18:08:09 UTC 2007

At 01:54 PM 5/14/2007, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 12:32 -0400, Alan Knight wrote:
>> As far as Glorp goes, DatabasePlatform has an attribute
>> "characterEncoding", which will be used for certain types of
>> conversions. But I'm not sure what the interaction with the Squeak
>> postgresql drivers would be there. Setting that would probably work OK
>> as long as they're not using binding.
>>
>I can't find the attribute in the squeak port. Is this newer code
>which hasn't been ported yet?

It could be. It was introduced in the 0.3.143 version, which is fairly old, but I think the Squeak port is fairly dated at this point. Todd Blanchard has almost finished an updated port, but then got busy, so he hasn't finished it yet.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
knight at acm.org
aknight at cincom.com
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross