[ANN] Monticllo Update

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 15 16:56:03 UTC 2007

>> So I changed MCPasswordManager to be on a per-repository-host basis. I
>> figured that would be ok until someone complains. I dont see a need to
>> have multiple squeaksource accounts, but someone might disagree with me.
>>

> I just wonder what the above means... I use pureFtpd on my server on
> which I have several repositories - mostly under different ip-names like
> mc.gjallar.se, squeak.krampe.se etc. But they all point to the same
> server. And then pureFtpd offers "home directories" for its users, so if
> you access it with username "banana" (and pass) you can end up in a
> different repo than if you use username "orange".
>
> If I interpret you correctly I will not end up in trouble if I use
> different ip-names for these repositories, but if I don't, then it gets
> weird, right? Since in my setup you get to a different repo (a different
> directory on the server) based solely on the username.
>
> regards, Göran

MCPasswordManager stores the host-passwords on a one file per user basis.

Therefore this means that the restriction is that you cannot have
multiple passwords for the same user on the same host for different
repositories.

For ftp I think that makes perfect sense anyway. Yes you can have
different users, and even on the same host if you like. I dont think ftp
would

For http, I think that makes perfect sense anyway. You only have one
password per user account per host.

In other words its probably going to work for everyone.

Keith

Each file has a host password lookup table.

This means that as long as you dont have two repositories with the same
host that you want to access with different users you should be ok. In
your case, you have one ip-name per repository, so thats fine.

What would not work is if you have

ftp://mc.gjallar.se/myRepo1 that you wish to access under username
'eric' with password: 'yes it works'.
and

ftp://mc.gjallar.se/myFiles/myRepo that you with to access under
username 'eric' with password: 'no it wont'.