Squeakers needed in Sydney, or to work remotely

Tansel tansel at squeakonline.com
Wed May 16 14:25:15 UTC 2007

Blue Plane Pty Ltd is a young dynamic company making its own mark by
developing commercial quality software on the "Blue Plane". All our work is
fun, challenging and unique.

We are looking for Squeakers ideally located in Sydney, Australia to work on
Squeak based commercial projects.

Challenges include but are not limited to:

. Contribute to enhancement and maintenance of Squeak based systems
 .Porting Squeak code from 3.4 to current versions
 .Writing and improving SUnit tests, testing using SUnit
 .Working with remote objects using rST and the like (recent rST exposure
would be great!).
 .Enhancing Squeak to create an environment more suitable for commercial
apps

Also the following experience/knowledge would be well regarded:
 .Comanche
 .Seaside
 .Monticello
 .serial communications, bluetooth, TCP/IP, real time communications
 .Croquet
 .VM level programming, plug-ins, FFI
 .Persistent object systems
 .some artistic abilities and/or an artistic eye
 .3D Modeling/animation

Pay is dismal and the job is initially only part time, but future could be
very rewarding. Currently we are having negotiations with several large
companies, with the possibility for significant projects to be awarded to
us. This would lead an immediate need for full time Squeak roles. Preference
would naturally be given to those who have already participated or are
involved in our work.

Our first round of Squeakers would ideally be based in Sydney, but we would
also consider candidates who are equipped with fast reliable connection to
the net willing to work remotely (may include working or staying up odd
hours sometimes considering time difference). A reasonable level of English
is a requirement. Being fluent in other languages sufficiently enough to
help us translate our systems to those languages would be a plus. There will
be opportunities to work/move to Australia if need be and also the
possibility to stay remote and be a part of the remote Blue Plane developer
network.

If you are interested please contact either myself or John Magnifico (john
(at) blueplane.com.au) with whatever details, material, example code,
martial arts, dancing, instrument playing, singing experience, etc that you
see fit to make us say "wow, gotta work with him/her".

Tansel