squeak-(dev/web) browse protocol

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:46:20 UTC 2007

2007/5/16, Duncan Mak <duncanmak at gmail.com>:
> On 5/16/07, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in implementating this browser using the OB framework, what
> would it take to get started?

- I advise you to use the last version of OmniBrowser which can be
found in the squeak-dev images for example.

- Then, you'd better read a bit about the framework:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Papers/Berg07cOmnibrowser.pdf
(take care when the paper talks about Actions or Actors because they
are deprecated. Commands replace them).

- You should try to understand simple examples like
http://www.squeaksource.com/FileOmnibrowser (which won't load in a new
image because it uses actors. Use a fresh 3.9 image to load it). You
can also have a look at the package OBUniverse and the class
OBUBrowser. They are present in the squeak-dev images.

- Now it's time to code :-) Ask questions in the mailing list to go faster.

--
Damien Cassou