Monticello could not find version...and I don't care about it

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 16 23:01:19 UTC 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 0:18 , j blatter wrote:

> I mean: Let the programmer choose if it's needed or not. What's the
> problem with that? You can popup a dialog "Look gosh, I don't find
> the previous version, if do you really care you can abort the
> operation. Want to abort?"

Huh? You're not making sense. If that version is needed there is no
choice, you only can abort. And that's what the friendly pink window
told you.

> If I'm merging or diffing or loading is not the point.

I just pointed out the cases where you really need a specific
version. Like, a differential version is no full version, it *needs*
its base version to be loadable. No way around that. Same for merging
- you need the last common ancestor to find out what changed in your
version vs. the version to be merged.

In other cases you should not see that error, if you did, its a bug.
So again - what did you actually try to do?

- Bert -