MySQL Squeak Module

Boingo oboingo at gmail.com
Fri May 18 00:10:34 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I was trying to use the MySQL module for Squeak (loaded from
SqueakMap) and was using it fine until I tried to retrieve data from a
Decimal type column (MySQL 5).  The buildTypeMap method of the
JdMFieldConverter class uses 0 for the Decimal type.  My version of
MySQL uses 246 for the Decimal type column.  Once I changed it to 246
instead of 0 it worked great.  I don't know if it is an error, or just
a quirk of my particular version of MySQL/Squeak, but I just thought I
might pass the info on in case it is an error.