[Webteam] Squeak History

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Sun May 20 08:39:42 UTC 2007

Alan,
I remember being told that the ST-76 image was cloned from the ST-72
image by transferring the ST-72 objects (using VMWriter?). So my current
squeak image is a direct descendant of ST-72 because there has been no
start from scratch with an empty image.

Not one of the cells I was born with 77 years ago exist today. Still --
I'm still me. By the same token, I believe Squeak as a living thing was
born as the ST-72 image and is still going strong.

Cheers
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://folk.uio.no/trygver
N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
Norway