Smoothing Squeak's usability barriers

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu May 24 13:48:56 UTC 2007

Chris, yes "going meta" is useful when it brings a chance for making things
to be a little better. Regarding to "paying attention" to our words.. I
modestly suggest that we all can benefit of improving our comunication
skills. That will print more value in all what we do. Learning a little how
to write well, some argumentation theory, knowing all classes of fallacies,
I mean, choose what is a priority for your case in other areas of knowledge
than informatics. That is basic for preventing those avoidable costs in
dev-squeak (and in life by the way).
I'm saying this because sometimes could happen that we need more than
attention. In smalltalkish: often we'll need anAttention + aNewInformation
that we can adquire it from lectures (not just googling) by reading it on
books on those non informatics topics. Good readers could make good writers.

All the best,

Sebastian
PS: just in case... by good writers I didn't mean just writing software ;)