About MappedCollection

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:51:27 UTC 2007

> SkipLists sound cool as well.  One of those things that you see moving
> around in the image and try to remember it for later.  Because it doesn't
> come up much, but if it does it could really save some time.

SkipLists are cool as an implementation exercise for students, but I
doubt they have much practical use. Also their efficiency (memory and
space wise) is disputed:
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/jmpc/skiplist.html. I would remove
them, I know of nobody that ever used a SkipList.

> Even Bag is rarely used.
> LinkedList (Process only).
> Heap (WorldState, Zip)

Bag is useful. LinkedList and Heap are not generic collections, they
are targeted at specific problems like scheduling and data
compression.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli