About MappedCollection

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 15:34:45 UTC 2007

>From: "Avi Bryant" <avi at dabbledb.com>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: About MappedCollection
>Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:19:43 -0700
>
>I understand what you mean by transparent, but with that kind of an
>interface, you have the same algorithmic complexity as an
>OrderedCollection, so what's the point?

Actually OrderedCollection is analogues  to the C++ STL "vector"
implementation (flat space of some fixed size, if it is going to be exceeded
an expensive expand and possibly copy happens).  The STL also has a doubly
linked list implementation called "list" which has very different
characteristics (random access is much slower, insert or removal at either
end is O(1)).