Multiple processes using #nextPutAll:

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 18:31:25 UTC 2007

>From: Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>Subject: Re: Multiple processes using #nextPutAll:
>Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 20:00:08 +0200
>
>That would mean you could only have 4 process switches per second  which
>obviously is not true.

Oh, I'm confused again.  Normal OS'es usually have a 250ms quantum.  I think
they said Squeak was 40 or so.

>Only if there is a single process at that priority. It's as if the  process
>had called #yield voluntarily - the next runnable process of  the same
>priority will be resumed once all higher-priority processes  stopped.

Yes, much like how modern OS'es work.  It's just that I was under the
impression that once the current process is interrupted that another at that
same priority would be given a chance to run.