Balloon 3D

dominic.letz at berlin.de dominic.letz at berlin.de
Tue May 29 07:31:58 UTC 2007

Well,

i think another point is that at least with Windows Vista, Microsoft is
not shipping OpenGL with their drivers anymore [only software emulation].
This means that every user who wants to use OpenGL has to download and
install a OpenGL supporting driver from his GPU manufacturers home page.

So one could argue supporting only OpenGL would not be real platform
independent since Windows users won't be able to use it without updating
their system.