Balloon 3D

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 17:55:46 UTC 2007

>From: "dominic.letz at berlin.de" <dominic.letz at berlin.de>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: Balloon 3D
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:31:58 +0200
>
>Well,
>
>i think another point is that at least with Windows Vista, Microsoft is
>not shipping OpenGL with their drivers anymore [only software emulation].
>This means that every user who wants to use OpenGL has to download and
>install a OpenGL supporting driver from his GPU manufacturers home page.

That really sucks because at least Acer has an agreement with NVIDIA that
NVIDIA must make their driver *not work* (!!!!) with the Video card on Acer
laptops.  I really don't understand the logic behind this at all.  All I see
from it is not being able to get the advantages of updated drivers when they
are made, as well as newer games not playing because they don't recognize
the  NVIDIA driver.  Incredibly annoying to put it gently.