Alternative Thread Schedulers

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 18:28:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I just read http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5682 that Tim (I think it was)
mentioned, and found the part about doing alternative scheduling with a
higher priority thread interesting.

The question I had was, in the example it says the high priority process can
use Delay's to sleep while other processes are running, but what happens
when a process does IO?  Doesn't that cause the process to yield?

What I am thinking is, if I were to make a scheduler process that manages
all running processes, how can he find out every situation where a process
yields in some way?  It would be ideal if there was a Delay
millisecondsOrUntilInterupt: type message.

Thanks,
Jason