Squeak from a newcomer's perspective

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Nov 1 14:26:30 UTC 2007

Jon Hylands a écrit :
> One of the guys on a robotics list I am on was interested in using Squeak
> for his robot after I showed him what I had done with my RoboMagellan
> controller:
>
> http://www.huv.com/roboMagellan/MissionEditor.jpg
>
> He's been playing with Squeak for a week or so, and he posted this reply to
> someone who was asking him why Squeak (and I'm reposting it here with
> permission):

Thank you Jon for the report.
I think we are now many people who are using Squeak for robotic
applications : me and Noury Bouraqadi in France, Joaquin Sitte in
Australia, some people in Japan.

Some applications :
- Frobs, a robotic simulator : http://www.squeaksource.com/FrobS.html
- SqueakBot :
- WifiBot, a framework to control Wifi-bots :
http://www.squeaksource.com/WifiBot.html
- DEFART : http://www.itolab.com/en/

Maybe we could share experiences and code. I dunno what is the better
way ? A mailing list maybe ?

Best regards,

-- Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/