Squeak plug-in running within Leopard

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Nov 8 04:19:44 UTC 2007

It's broken,

First thanks to Steven Riggins of http://www.geeksrus.com/  for
debugging this over dinner this evening.
At this point we don't know if it's a bug or a feature change in os-
x. It has to do with how we setup shared memory to share the screen.
It seems we need to pass another option into the shared memory
creation which was a pre 10.5 a default setting but now it's
explicit, or a bug.

I've placed a new plugin:   SqueakBrowserPlugin.plugin.3.8.15b15.zip
on my idisk and ftp site

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

After installing the current SqueakLand software, you replace that
3.8.15b14  SqueakBrowserPlugin.plugin
which is found in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins
or
/Users/foobar/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

by unzipping the zip file and copying the plugin over.

Folks are always encouraged to press the PayPal donate button to help
pay for this support.

On Nov 6, 2007, at 7:26 PM, Mark Mayfield wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> Is anyone have trouble running the Squeak plug-in within Leopard
> and Safari
> 3.0.4???
>
> I just get a black region where the Squeak project should be. This is
> happening on both my upgraded laptops.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Mayfield

===