[JOB]: Squeaking in Kathmandu

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Nov 15 09:35:27 UTC 2007

By the way! Squeakers may get a kick to see the job advertisment that
we're currently running in Kathmandu to bring our full-time Nepali
Squeak-programmer staff up from two people to four (plus me):

Job description:

Develop children's learning activities for the One Laptop Per Child XO
using Squeak Smalltalk and Etoys.

Skills:

     * Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as
Smalltalk, Python, or Ruby.
     * Demonstrated ability to write good software quickly.
     * Self-motivated, eager to learn new technologies, experienced at
working in a team environment.

Preferred:

     * Experience with Linux and working on open-source projects.
     * Interest in education.

You will quickly learn Squeak Smalltalk programming and Etoys end-user
scripting on the job. You can get a sense of what this is like from
reading our blog and running our demonstration.

luke at member.fsf.org