3.9.1

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 17:02:13 UTC 2007

stephane ducasse wrote:
>> At netstyle.ch we are using 3.9 for many projects now and we will not
>> move to 3.10 soon. We're using some of the critical fixes, so
>> basically that means we already have our own 3.9.1 image...
>> I assume, quite some people are using 3.9 in production as well. So,
>> if somebody is interested we could join forces and release a 3.9.x
>> from time to time.
>
> I imagine a lot of reason not moving to 3.10 but can you let us know
> yours? :)

It amazes me that you even need to ask the question. It's simply basic
risk management. It would be crazy for anyone in a production setting to
play the version jumping game. If you have a stable and working
environment you use it until there is a real need to change. This of
course holds for OLPC just as well as for Netstyle which is why I found
your recent comments on the eToys list so completely inappropriate.

Cheers,
   - Andreas