[jobs] Aida/Web developer for a CRM in Slovenia

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Nov 26 15:13:37 UTC 2007

Hi Nicolas,

nicolas petton wrote:

> I would be very interested, but I cannot go to Slovenia (i'm a
> studient).
>
> So, is there a way to do this job without going to Slovenia (via the
> web) ?

This planned CRM project is supposed to be a community project and
therefore everyone will be able to contribute. And I can reasonably
expect that some of those contributions will be paid too.

But that is a future, while for a start we need a local developer who
will become part of team here in the company and where the domain
knowledge is just one desk away.

So, everyone interested to work on a project remotely, join the
community and (I cannot promise, but you can reasonably expect) you'll
have an opportunity to get a paid remote job too.

And that's how other open-source communities are working anyway, as far
as I know...

Best regards
Janko

> Le samedi 24 novembre 2007 à 19:22 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
>> Hello Smalltalkers,
>>
>> I'm doing a preliminary search for a developer of a brand new SugarCRM
>> like CRM (Customer Relationship Management), based on Aida/Web web
>> framework. What is interesting to mention is that this CRM will be
>> open-sourced from the start and that the developer will work and
>> actively contribute back into Smalltalk and Aida communities while help
>> starting a CRM one too.
>>
>> Idea is to exploit the Smalltalk and OO features in full to make a
>> really good CRM, with speed, manageability and expandability as main
>> features. CRM will be built with an active help of a company specialized
>> in sales management, using CRM as a tool and have therefore a lot of
>> knowledge in the field. They are already using the open-source SugarCRM
>> derivative vtiger, and they like to continue the open-source tradition,
>> but on a better technology. So, I think Smalltalk in general has a great
>> opportunity here to show what is capable!
>>
>> Few more info:
>>
>> - Target Smalltalks: VisualWorks, Gemstone, Squeak
>> - Language: Slovenian preferred, English
>> - Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
>> - Timeframe: starting 1Q 2008, first version 3Q 2008
>>
>> If anyone is interested please contact me privately.
>>
>> Janko

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server