64 bit vm and image for MacOSX 10.5.x Leopard?

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Tue Nov 27 10:19:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

Has anyone created a 64 bit Squeak VM and image for Intel MacOSXdot5
Leopard? If so where is it? I couldn't find it at
http://squeakvm.org/squeak64.

Is the latest mac vm both 32 bit and 64 bit?

How does the mac vm get created? How is that different than creating a
unix vm or a pc vm?

Is there a 64 bit image created for each published image? If not, why
not? If not then how about putting a menu option so it's easy to
generate a 64 bit image (or 32 bit image for that matter) from the
current image? That would be cool to be able to have it transform in
both directions... and to be easy for novices without having to think
about the process... which is really only for us uber technies anyhow.

MacOSX 10.5 is now 64 bits. We need to show off the 64 bit smalltalk to
the world. Can it be done with one FAT binary or with two apps?

Thanks,

Peter