64 bit vm and image for MacOSX 10.5.x Leopard?

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Tue Nov 27 11:44:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the page on 64 bit vms:
http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/faq.html. It's is in need of updating.
MacOSX 10.5.x Leopard needs to be added to the question: "For which
hardware/OS combinations is there a 64-bit VM?".

Now that the MacOSX 10.5.x 64 bit Leopard has been released more people
will likely want to use a 64 bit squeak. This version of MacOSX is the
first 64 bit OS that will go big time (ok there is vista too which this
also applies to).

How does the mac vm .app file get created? how does one create a 64 bit
version? Who builds the mac version?

It would be better than nice if there was an official 64 bit download
for Mac and Vista. 64 bits are becoming popular and it's important to
get on the band wagon in terms of letting people easily download it
without having to generate their own vm's and images. Can we add these
as standard builds from now on please? Who makes the standard vm builds
for the Mac and Windows?

Cheers,

Peter