OSProcess weirdness

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Nov 28 16:08:27 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

(I tried to send this message to David last night, but bounced, so I'm
reposting it to the list...)

I'm using OSProcess on my gumstix (Linux) to run some external commands
like ps, and it fails after the first command. I have tracked down the
reason it is failing, and it appears to be a bad lingering dependent for
the ThisOSProcessAccessor singleton.

I log the following when I start:

Starting server...
OSProcessAccessor forThisOSProcess: a UnixOSProcessAccessor on pid 2040
..dependents: #(a WindowsProcess with pid 2040 a UnixProcess with pid 2040)

So it looks like the release for dependents isn't working in
OSProcessAccessor >> #startUp:

I'm using OSProcess version 4.3.3 on Squeak 3.7, doing development on
Windows, and copying the image over to the gumstix to start it headless.

Any thoughts? Have you seen this before?

Later,
Jon