Yet another namespace proposal (was Re: Quick comparison of two Namespaces proposals)

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:58:08 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, Jason Johnson <jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I've stated my reasons why I don't like Göran's approach, now time
> to give a suggestion myself:
>
> What if namespaces were just objects that behave like dictionaries
> with the key being a string and value being a meta-class?
>
> They could be used as in:
>
> Seaside at: #Component
>
> or perhaps with a special shorthand:
>
> Seaside Component   "maybe Component needs a #?"

This is exactly what my approach is. Namespace is a subclass of Dictionary.

In a method, class definition or Workspace, you can use either either of:

Seaside at: #Component. " Look it up at runtime "
Seaside.Component "Look it up at compile time"

I'm sure if you really wanted the "Seaside Component" notation, it would be
possible for you to add this as well.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg