Dropping mp3 on 3.10 world - doesn't work like 3.9/3.8

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 23:22:00 UTC 2007

I previously wrote:
> Running on my Linux (gentoo) system, sq3.9-7067dev07.08.1 does not
> accept *mp3*
> drops to the World. The result is: nothing happens. How come?
> On the standard 3.9-7067 system, dropping an *MP3* file on the World
> results in
> a player to play the *mp3* file.
>
> brad
>
> BTW: not all *MP3* files are accepted on the World as a dropped file.
> Does
> anyone know why? I haven't dug at all into it, so I'm assuming it has
> to do
> with the limitations of the *mp3* decoder. Anyone enlighten me?
>

> Hi brad in squeak 7137 (basic not dev) I’ve noticed
> that dropping projects on to the window sometimes will
> load the project and sometimes not. It seems very
> related to where I drop things.
>
> So I don’t think the problem is specific to *MP3* files.
> It seems to me a mantis report is in order.
> Want to start one?
>
> Yours in curiosity and service, --Jerome Peace

Ok, On XP, I seem to be able to drop MP3's on the 3.8 and 3.9 World just
fine and a soundplayer appears and the file plays fine. But, not on 3.10
squeak-dev (3.10beta #7145) - the result is the file contents in a
system window; no soundplayer morph.
Is this a symptom that others see? If so, I'll write it up on mantis.

cheers,
brad