How to load RB into Squeak 3.7?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 21:35:18 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently set up a new Squeak 3.7 image in order to work on some
> software that still runs on Squeak 3.7 (and will continue to do so for
> the foreseeable future). Since SqueakMap does no longer work for
> Squeak 3.7 what is be easiest way to load the Refacoring Browser?
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

The easiest way to load from SqueakMap if you dont have the GUI tools is
via Installer.
This has an http: interface to squeak map which does not use any
SqueakMap code.
It also has squeakmap searching capability!

To use it.

Installer websqueakmap install: 'PackageName(1.1)'.
or for the latest version.
Installer websqueakmap install: 'PackageName'.

#wsm is available as an appreviation for #websqueakmap.
#sm is available as an abbeviation for #squeakmap.

Thinking about it it may be worth providing the equivalent for Universes
for future 3.10 kernel images. Does/could the universe server have an
http: presentation?

all the best

Keith

p.s. I have not tested it for a while with 3.7 so if it fails, let me
know, (I am in irc)

p.p.s. If you have no way of loading installer itself, a source version
is available for bootstrapping.

(HTTPSocket httpGet: 'installer.pbwiki.com/f/Installer.st') fileIn.

see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/Installer for more details.