Tim vs. Accessors

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 9 22:16:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:17:40PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2007, at 12:27 , David T. Lewis wrote:

> >>It's in the class menu, or on a button when you enable the optional
> >>browser buttons. In the menu you can even look for assignments only.
> >
> >Ouch. Hard to imagine that it took me about a decade to discover this.
> >Thanks.
>
> Heh, I'm surprised. For me it's an essential tool for figuring out
> how stuff works. And it's even less hidden than tools like the
> protocol browser ...

Yep, I was staring right at it and I *still* didn't see it. I think
this must be like trying to find your own spelling errors. Once you
overlook something that's right in front of your eyes, your brain
tells you it's not there.

I learned Squeak by playing with it, and I suspect this is one of
the things that I did not understand early on, so I just started
overlooking it. Later when I wanted to find it, I did not "see" it
in the menus. So there is nothing wrong with the menus here, just
my dysfunctional brain ;)

Dave