Squeak/Phidgets interface

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Oct 11 19:05:38 UTC 2007

On 10-Oct-07, at 11:32 PM, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> that's the tool I always was searching for (ok, I just was not able
> to build it myself). That means my simpad will meet ebay by tomorrow.
>
> I didn't find anything useful about the hardware. Do you know on which
> architecture it is based on?

ARM 9 main cpu plus an ARM7 in one of the peripheral chips. Modest
amount of memory (Good grief - did I really say modest amount when
referring to 64Mb of ram? What is the world coming to?) and flash
storage.
Take a look at http://www.chumby.com/story for some more info and of
course you can register to get to the wiki and developer stuff.

The really interesting part is that Duane Maxwell is the head of the
software group so I'm going to make a wild guess that Squeak is
likely to run on it.

tim
CITOKATE - Criticism is the Only Known Antidote to Error