Squeak BOF at OOPSLA!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Oct 12 13:06:48 UTC 2007

Hi!

> On Oct 12, 2007, at 14:32 , Göran Krampe wrote:
>> Hi guys!
>>
>>> Hi Goran,
>>>
>>> Are you sure you want to make it start at 18:00 ? Eric Gamma will be
>>> doing a demo (which ends at 18:30) then at 20:00 there is a keynote
>>> from Steele and Gabriel.
>>>
>>> I take the risk of repeating myself, but Monday after the reception
>>> may be good...
>>
>> Hmmm, I may be inclined to agree - but earlier years people have
>> argued
>> that not all attendees arrive until tuesday.
>>
>> On the other hand - Steele draws a crowd so competing with that
>> seems dumb.
>>
>> Dan and Bert - what do you guys say? Since the XO will be shown I
>> expect
>> LOTS of people to want to come by! :)
>
> I'm flying in on Saturday so I don't really care. Although I'd prefer
> if it wouldn't clash with that keynote, but maybe 6 to 8 is enough?
> Don't know how long a BOF usually is.
>
> - Bert -

Great, will be fun meeting up again!

I am flying in on saturday too with a collegue - will be staying at the
Siecle hotell (Hyatt was full). Regarding length of Squeak BOFs - they
tend to be several hours! At least if more than 10 people show up.

Most years we have had at least 5 presentations I think - sometimes even
up to 10. BUT... I don't know if the location this year has any
negative/positive effect.

So... ok, let me change the preliminary time to monday after the reception
and see if people object to that. I have also sent a few emails checking
for room and projector.

regards, Göran