[Seaside] Seaside books

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Oct 16 10:10:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:01:58 -0700, Victor <vmgoldberg at verizon.net> wrote:

> You could be your own publisher, in the internet.  Use Seaside to build
> a publishing site.  :-)

Well, publishing in the traditional sense requires many people and also
some dead trees.<s>

(Actually, going through the laser game tutorial has given me a number of
ideas as how traditional Squeak could be improved with some
manual-building tools. But that's a separate issue.)

> If you build a neat site, that could be good selling point.
>
> Autopublishing in the internet has the advantage of removing the
> middleman and everybody else benefits.

I'm all for it. And as Conrad points out there's Lulu. I would probably be
uncomfortable releasing a book that didn't have a number of editors
besides myself. (Three is good: One general editor, one very good language
person, and one tech person.) If I self-publish I have to find (and pay!)
those people myself. A good editor is worth her weight in gold. (And I use
"her" here because the best editors I've had have been women.)