Squeak vs. privacy

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:42:04 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> And i don't think that this is worth at all. Try think different, try
> use best of ST powers and don't try to apply usage patterns from other
> languages.
> This is common mistake trying to use same approaches for different
> environments.

A big +1.  This is the number 1 mistake most people make evaluating
new languages.  They go try to do what they used to do in their old
language, in the same way they used to do it and go "see!  I knew my
old language was better!".  The main reason for trying out a new
language should be to play to it's strengths and see where you get.