Postgres Access From Squeak

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sat Oct 20 09:47:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 19:25 -0700, Bruce Carleton wrote:
> I'm contemplating moving a couple of PHP web sites to Seaside that
> are backed by a Postgres database.  This is being done in parallel
> with the creation of morphic applications that may eventually share
> code with the web sites.
>
> I'm curious what active Squeak developers are using for postgresql
> database access.  I'm looking at Glorp and another PostgreSQL V2
> Client for Squeak by Yanni Chiu.  I'm interested in automatic object -
>  > table-row mappings but I don't mind building my own database
> access objects calling SQL.  This is partially due to my use of
> stored procedures in postgresql for certain queries that are shared
> elsewhere.
>
> Any advice?

I use Glorp. It is a great tool for doing O/R mapping. It is yet
powerful and flexible. You can extend Glorp to use your stored
procedures. Have a look at FunctionExpression. I didn't use this
myself. Just got this as answer while asking the same thing you
did on the Glorp mailing list (which is very good source of
advice).

regards,

Norbert