vaporware

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Oct 20 23:06:08 UTC 2007

Yoshiki,

>   Please keep mentioning these kind of things on this list.  You've
> been doing interesting work, and FPGA will be more and more important.

Whenever I have interesting results I will comment about them here (and
will post a link to a video if possible). And like I said, sometimes the
discussion here goes in a direction where not mentioning unfinished work
would be misleading, such as when someone asks "why hasn't anybody
looked at using multi-processors for Smalltalk?' or something like that.
But for general discussions about unfinished stuff the new hardware list
is a better option.

I do understand Alan's frustration since I often feel it myself. What I
was trying to explain to him, however, is that he was mixing up two
different things: there is the frustration of not having money to buy
airplane tickets for this year's OOPSLA (though some people might still
see me there....), for example, which is very different from the
frustration of not being able to buy something because they refuse to
make any more (http://www.bazix.nl/onechipmsx.html) or haven't started
making them yet (http://www.xiltendo.com/).

-- Jecel