Delete translations

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 23 14:00:44 UTC 2007

Per-package translation files can provide translations for a specific
class category. This overrides the default translation file provided
with the system. We are testing this with DrGeoII in fact, we made a
DrGeoII.mo file and place that next to the etoys.mo file containing
the system translations, and translations from the new file will get
picked up for all classes in the DrGeoII-* categories.

This work is not finished and integrated yet, but supporting
independent translations for add-on packages has been a design
requirement from the beginning, since we do want to support those
additions as well as possible.

To get features like this into the squeak.org version, someone would
have to take on the task of "harvesting" interesting things from the
OLPC etoys update stream.

- Bert -