Multy-core CPUs

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:18:46 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> but this leads to burden our parallel processes with scheduling.
> I would like, instead, to be able to run a number of parallel branches
> for same process (to schedule a process instead each of these
> branches).

Scheduling doesn't have to be a problem if done e.g. event driven [1].
 This is one of the optimizations I planned to have as advantage over
the Erlang implementation.

[1]  In an event driven scheduler you look at what the process the
process did, and demote or promote them in priority based on this.
You end up just touching two processes per switch, but processes that
quickly give up the CPU (e.g. a process that just sends messages to
have work done) get the CPU any time they want it.