Nokia 770 for $135

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Oct 26 18:42:49 UTC 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Jon Hylands wrote:

> If anyone is interested, the Nokia 770 (brand new) is selling for
> $135 USD
> ($130 in Canada).
>
> http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=141019 for US customers
> http://www.expansys.ca/p.aspx?i=141019 for Canadian
>
> I just ordered one last night to play with. What's the status of
> the VM on
> it?

The VM compiled a year ago should still work. It is a stock Linux VM
built with the Maemo cross-compile toolchain.

> Is there support for the buttons?

The buttons are exposed by X11 as Function/F-keys, which Squeak
*still* doesn't support, due to some antiquated notions of portability.

The Gtk InputMethod stuff however will not interact with Squeak
unless a new VM is built with that support.

I unfortunately am currently paid to work on web-apps and not
embedded systems as I was 7 months ago, so I haven't made progress in
that area.

--
-Brian
http://briantrice.com