[Squeak-ev] CD/DVD aktualisiert

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Sat Oct 27 14:40:31 UTC 2007

Marcus Denker wrote:

> On 27.10.2007, at 16:06, karl wrote:
>
>> Marcus Denker wrote:

>>> Which list of countries on which german site?
>>>
>>> http://squeak.org/Download/SqueakDVD/
>>>
>>> should have a link to pay via paypal (which is definitly not a
>>> german company),
>>> where you just pay via your existing paypal account or credit-card
>>> if you have
>>> none. At least it used to be like this.
>>>
>>> Now that I have a look at it, it seems that it's not very
>>> international, that page.
>>> (Why, oh why?) And the "pay with creditcard" option is gone, too.
>>> Paypal sucks.
>>>
>>> I have planed since months to set up a kagi shop instead of
>>> paypal... but kagi is
>>> quite a hassle to set up (easier to use, though), and as i have not
>>> manged to do
>>> it since a year, I wonder if I should claim that it will ever happen...
>>>
>>>     Marcus
>>>

>> It seems the SqueakDVD/CD paypal pages default to german and the
>> SqueakFoundation donation paypal page default to french. Since the
>> Squeak.org site is in english maybe both paypal pages should default
>> to english ?
>> There seems to be some settings to do that in the paypal account
>> management webpages .
>
> I can only see "Language encoding" and that's set to "Westen European
> Languages (including English)".
>
> The language preference for the account was already set to english.
>
>> There is also a preference to set a Paypal Account Optional
>> preference so people can pay without a paypal account.
>>

> I can't find this option.
>
>     Marcus

I think I fixed the pages to display in English. Can someone verify this ?
http://squeak.org/Download/SqueakDVD/
Press the 'BUY NOW' button and see what language the page is in.
Do the same for
http://squeak.org/Foundation/SupportSqueak/

I found this description to turn on Account Optional:

To turn PayPal Account Optional on:
1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com.
The My Account Overview page appears.
2. Click the Profile subtab.
The Profile Summary page appears.
3. Click the Website Payment Preferences link in the Selling Preferences
column.
The Website Payment Preferences page appears.
4. Scroll down to the PayPal Account Optional section of the page.
5. Select ON to turn PayPal Account optional on.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save.

Karl